Sunday, September 14, 2008

How About Now? (Kenny Loggins setlist)

I think I've waited long enough.

What a concert! One of the best I've been to. Kenny Loggins did a fantastic job. Just a perfect night in almost every way.

I have plenty of pictures to share and I'll get that link to you soon. For now, here's the setlist:

  • Danny's Song
  • Return To Pooh Corner
  • Conviction of the Heart
  • How About Now (new song, new CD)
  • Celebrate Me Home
  • This Is It (Kirk Franklin version...I've included the Kirk Fanklin version. I preferKenny's version and am glad he took this back for his own)

  • I'm A Free Man Now (new song, new CD)
  • Angry Eyes
  • (some song he said was from Caddyshack that I'd never heard before. I think he mentioned "Baby Ruth" and "do what you gotta do" but am not sure. Great song, though!)
  • Your Mama Don't Dance
  • I'm Alright
  • Don't Fight It
  • Danger Zone
  • Footloose
  • Forever (encore)

It was a solid set from top to bottom. Check back on this post for the link to photographs and an extra treat or two from the show. It's late now and I have a busy week in front of me. I've been so busy at work with the launch of the new TV season and with life by getting the kids where they need to be and going to ball games and painting the house (although Sara has done most of that) and dodging flood waters...blogging kinda had to be set on the back-burner. Sorry about that. Hopefully you understand and you haven't given up on me. I can tell you stories about talking to 7,000 people at the Kansas State Fair, learning that my very cool Saturn also serves as a makeshift boat, gathering "wisdom" in an empty Gatorade bottle, and share my curiosity about the whole "Twitter" bonanza. But, my pillow beckons me and I am looking forward to viewing the backside of my eyelids for about six-hours.

Good-night!

12/26/08 - I just put together the setlist from the show for your listening pleasure, in case you want to "experience" it again with us. Enjoy.



2 comments:

@nnie said...

good to hear from you! This last couple months has been kicking my buns too! It seems like there is so much going on right now! Surely, it will settle down.... right????

Mike said...

I hope so, but at this point, I can't safely say when. I'm glad you're still checking in! It's always great to hear from you. I'm still enjoying your blog, as well.