Saturday, November 21, 2009

Three months later, here I am.

I'm pleased with myself. And, at the same time, deserve a giant kick in the butt. Today...Saturday...I was up too early for a Saturday morning and I chose to go out and walk. The same walk I make during the week. But, today was Saturday. That never happens on Saturday's. I almost went an extra couple of miles but the distant shotgun blasts from the bird hunters were freaking out Sonny and he starts pulling so hard on the leash, I might as well pick him up by his neck and carry him home in a chokehold that would intimidate any MMA fighter on the circuit today.

So yeah, the walk happened. It might even happen tomorrow (dare I say it?) on Sunday! We'll know the answer to that in several hours.

I need the kick in the butt because during the week, I look for any excuse to not get out of bed and take the walk. And sometimes, the bed wins. That means I lose. I don't like losing...uness I'm losing weight!

SIDENOTE...just switched over to SNL. I'm not, and never have been, a fan of Dave Matthew's Band.

This blog entry was really for the Fair Weather Runner who chided me for not blogging anymore. I ♥ blogging! (That's how she would write it.) But, dang it takes more time than I've had. My kids' activities and work assignments have tested our limits and when I have downtime, I don't necessarily want to sit in front of the computer to compose a personal essay. I guess that's why I've been so happy with Twitter lately. If something's on my mind, I can sign on to Tweetdeck, pop off my thought, and away I go. That's why I include my tweets over in the right margin of this blog. Twitter for me is like "Gov's Stuff...The Rest of the Story". On facebook, I'll update my status maybe once a day. On Twitter, you get all kinds of stuff that passes through this amazingly versatile stream of consciousness I'm floating around in. Twitter has been my blog lately. But, doing this is great. I love doing this when time allows. And tonight, time was on my side.

Let's talk music very briefly (because I'm thirsty and my water bottle is all the way upstairs!)

I LOVE the new Switchfoot CD "Hello, Hurricane". I'm enjoying the new Thousand Foot Krutch CD "Welcome to the Masquerade". I enjoy ALL of the music on the hit TV show "Glee" (which I'm proud to say is on the tv network I'm affiliated with!). My newest discovery comes from a friend in Norway (the country, not the town in Kansas). She told me about Aleksander With. Here's the song. It reminds me of Mike & The Mechanics.



What am I watching on TV, you ask? "Glee", "Modern Family", "Cougar Town". We've recorded 'The Office", '30 Rock", and 'Survivor" but have not started them yet. We're still trying to finish up last season's Lost (one more episode to go), last season's "24' and last season's "Friday Night Lights", neither of which we've started. See? We're busy people with no time for the important and pleasing things in life, like television, which is my livelihood. And, I'm dying of thirst. So this entry is done. Until next time.

2 comments:

junebug said...

Yeah! It was nice to see you had an entry. Hunting season opened last weekend so we walk at Chisholm or Sedgwick County Park where I believe all the animals should be hiding as well since that is where we are safe. :-)
I look forward to checking out your new music selections. Have you checked out Paolo Nutini? His song Coming Up Easy is my current love.

Being Robinson said...

thanks for the entry. but i'm a bad blogger too and haven't been around to comment on my buddies blogs! boo for me. thanks for sharing, and kudos for walking on a saturday, as busy as you are, i'm totally impressed! i love your TV picks! BRILLIANT. and cool song... and now i'll have to check out switchfoot of course!