Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sentimental Dad

Call me sentimental.
Exactly one month ago, I was running late for work, just like I do everyday. Actually, it was more like walking late for work. I knew I was late but I was in a very controlled form of expidited motion making my way toward the office.
The previous evening, Amber was in the driveway...focused...ignoring the activity around her...a large piece of chalk in one hand, a blank concrete canvas before her. She worked and worked feverishly, never distracted by the buzz of children playing around her. When she finished, she had drawn a football stadium. She must have been inspired by Andrew and his friends playing a pickup game of football in the front yard. She was very proud, as well she should be.
I knew that rain was coming our way later in the day and thought what a downer it will be when her hard work in the driveway is washed away before we really have the chance to appreciate it.
I started my car, closed the garage door, backed over the artwork, and headed toward the office.
I didn't make it to the end of the block when I decided to be even later for work. I drove around the block, grabbed the camera and captured Amber's creation before it was gone.
So, I bring you, Amber's football field...immortalize forever via the gift of digital photography.
Good job, Amber!
And you know what?
Nobody noticed I was late.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

@nnie said...

Impressed that You went back to get the pick AND that your little girl chose to draw a football field! Very cool!