Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dumbest Valentine Ever


This was going to be my initial blog entry (make all the jokes you want. I realize it's a princess) but I got impatient and posted the other's first just to get the thing started.

I remember Andrew coming home with his bag of valentines he got at school from the rest of his classmates. There were some cool ones in there with sports stars and super heroes and the occasional cartoon character. Most of them had your typical Valentine's Day message like, "Be My Valentine", "Being friends with you is a slam dunk" (on the Dwayne Wade card) and other sentiments that a 5th grader might say to another within the confines of a classroom.

But this one is so lame that it's hardly worthy of giving to someone on a day when you're supposed to be at least feigning a friendship with everyone else in the class. This one is the equivalent of someone signing your yearbook with "Stay just the way you are because you deserve the best in life". What does that mean? Nothing. It means I couldn't think of anything original to say and I'm not creative enough to try, so here's what you get.

Here's what the valentine said when he opened it up:

Thanks for the Valentine's Day card, chick. Good-bye.

No comments: