Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Conviction of the Heart

Tonight, we are going out to celebrate our wedding anniversary that we haven't been able to celebrate in two years. We're nowhere near the correct date, but we're attending an event that seems perfect for the both of us.

I'm not ashamed to say it...we're going to see Kenny Loggins. We've been wanting to see him for YEARS and he's finally playing close enough for us to go. We bought V.I.P. tickets that include dinner, drinks and all of the other fancy stuff.

I have this habit when I go to concerts of writing down the set-list so I can make a CD copy of the exact song order. Then, we can sort of re-live the experience chronologically. I'll probably post that tomorrow for any other Kenny Loggins fans out there.

Most people I tell about this think the guy only has one-hit..."Footloose" or "I'm Alright". But, most people aren't as musically educated and well-rounded as I am. That ain't bragging, it's just the truth.

I'm looking forward to hearing:
• Heartlight
• Heart To Heart
• I'm Alright
• The Real Thing
• Sweet Reunion
• House on Pooh Corner
• Danny's Song
• DangerZone
• I'm Free
• Forever
• Whenever I Call You Friend
• Don't Fight It
• Vox Humana

....I could go on and on. I think I have an argument here that Kenny Loggins has had more than just one hit.

There is one particular song that I really want to hear, and am sure he'll sing it. Sara thinks he'll start the show with it. (I think he'll start with something from his new CD, "How About Now"). The song I want to hear is from his "Leap Of Faith" CD...."Conviction Of The Heart".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous....I LOVE Kenny Loggins! Forever is one of my favorite songs from high school.

@nnie said...

How was the concert? Everything you expected it to be? :)