Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Church of Arby's

We didn't make it to church today. To be honest, we haven't been to church in several Sunday's. We've either been out of town for a wedding, a baseball tournament, or someone has been sick. Today we're celebrating my niece, Leah's, graduation from Creighton Law School and we have Sara's sister and kids staying with us for a couple of days.

I think that, sometimes, God understands that we can't always make it to church so He'll give us a lesson in some other format than a sermon.

There was a Sunday (many Sunday's ago) that we didn't make it to church and we stopped at Arby's to eat. On the side of the bag were these "Arby's Values". I read them out loud to the rest of the family while we were eating, and we talked about what each one meant to us. These were values that would help us lead happier lives and would make life better for those people we interact with. Click on the picture to read them for yourself. That was our church that Sunday. God found a way to reach out to us through a paper bag at a fast food joint.

There's nothing like getting a roast beef sermon, minus the cheese, when you're on the road. Oh, and a side of curly fries, too.

1 comment:

Being Robinson said...

YAY for law school graduates! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Nothin' like a little Arby's on the road indeed.

Oh and I had a huge FAIL this morning, I didn't get up, I even chastised myself saying I am failing Mike. I apologize. I will be up and at it tomrorow!