Friday, May 22, 2009

Mellow Music Does Not a Fit Walker Make

I pushed myself out of bed this morning to go on Day 3 of my morning walk. Today, I took Sonny with me. He was very excited about getting to join me. Usually he's more work than it's worth, but he kept himself in check today and stayed the same course and cadence I did. And that cadence wasn't much of a test for either of us. The morning Zune mix was heavy on mellow music today.

When I bought my Zune, I just started dumping albums on there, much like a redneck dumps an old mattress in a ditch along side the highway. I gave no thought to how this music was going to be used or how it would affect my future activities. I was using it as a storage unit, and that is so wrong. I hope that redneck realizes the error in his ways, too. So, I really need to do some organizing and get this music in order so I can have the proper mix to move me along in the mornings. I'll be sharing my Zune Morning Mix here so you can sort of experience what the Zune forced through my earbuds and into my body. I try not to skip forward to the next song so I listen to whatever pops up all the way through. So, as you can see from today's list, the selection didn't do much to wake me up or get me moving. Thankfully, Dan Huff and his buddies made an appearance midway through my journey. Otherwise, it's possible that you'd find me sleeping peacefully on the bench next to the sidewalk I travel with a very confused and bored dog sitting next to me.

ZUNE MORNING MIX 052209
"Gimme Your Love" - Black N Blue
"Don't Give Up On Us" - David Soul
"Somebody Love Me" - Michael W. Smith
"No Way Out" - Giant
"Turn Down The World Tonight" - Journey
"While I Still Got The Time" - Darius Rucker
"Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid" - Hall & Oates
"Matter Of Time" - Michael W. Smith

6 comments:

Being Robinson said...

But hey, you got out there! YAYAYAY. I didn't know you had a dog, they can be a pain, but sometimes make for good company. It tooks months of hard work to get Milo to the point where I didn't dread taking him on a run.

@nnie said...

great job Mike. Keep it up! I think the first few times are the hardest!

junebug said...

I was out walking the neighbor yesterday - at 3 a.m. - only because Othello had opened the sliding screen door and let himself and Saphron out. It was probably before you were out there.
Throw some Ting Tang's on there dude. They have a good beat.

Mike said...

June - Don't you mean the Ting Ting's? That's funny...the Ting Tang's! They're on the Zune, they just haven't come up in the mix yet. I get what I get. Out of 2,482 songs (so far), they're bound to make an appearance one of these mornings. By the way, who knew that 3 o'clock came twice a day?

Indi said...

Hey...good for you!! Its been great to keep updated on 'Milton' and now you...awesome. You'll do awesome! I'll keep an eye on you:-)
have an awesome weekend

Mike said...

Thanks, Indi! Good to have your interest. And, good to hear from you as well! LOVED your pictures of Joe's Crab Shack. Makes me hungry just thinking about that place! You should check out my other blog. We had a shrimp boil which was very similar. Here's a link: http://clicketyclickclick.blogspot.com/2009/01/shrimp-boil.html