Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I can feel it coming

The walk this morning sucked. I got up...I invited Sonny to join me...I headed out the door...but something was missing. Something that makes these morning walks enjoyable...something called a cool, south wind. While those are rare, they are very nice. I would've gladly taken a cool, north wind but that didn't move in until tonight with the rain during Andrew's baseball game. We didn't rain out, just delayed about 15 minutes. Back to this morning...I was hot, the air seemed heavy, bugs were swirling around as if warm weather gives them the right to be the pests they are. It was just gross...at least for me. It's going to get worse before it gets better, I know. I can feel it coming...Summer. There are some nice things about the season, several actually. But bugs and hot temperatures are not on that list for me. Yuck. I'll just sweat it out and push through the pain and hope the misery I'm putting myself through will deliver promising results.

I spent a lot of time with the Zune over Memorial Day weekend. I added more music and deleted the songs I'd never listen to and skip over anyway. Right now, I'm at 2,494 songs. That should do and the mix should be a little better as time goes by. Today, was not a good mix. Way too mellow to do me any good. Well, it started off with some energy but it went downhill after Family Force 5. Don't get me wrong. I like those songs by Smitty and SC2, but if that's what I'm going to get on these walks, then I might as well wake Andrew or Amber up and have them pull me in the wagon. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow. Good night.

Zune Morning Mix 052609
• Jekyll & Hyde - Petra
• Suicide Blonde - INXS
• Lose Urself - Family Force 5
• Do You Dream Of Me? - Michael W. Smith
• Lost In The Shadows - Steven Curtis Chapman
• Old Enough To Know - Michael W. Smith
• Step Of Faith - Carman

1 comment:

Being Robinson said...

Pull you in the wagon. That would be priceless.

I failed you again this morning my friend. So sorry :( But last night marked the first night of LL Softball and I sort of got excited about it. And sort of had a few beers and a few too many fried pieces of food.... uhhh yeah.

But tomorrow, you have every right to give me poo if I don't get up and run. It is a must! SO, tomorrow it's on my friend.