Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gov Stuff - Round 001

  • Is it strange that as a red-blooded American male, I couldn't care less about the NBA playoffs going on right now? My interest in basketball stops at the college level.
  • I always dread having to work as Field Supervisor at the ball diamonds. It's something I have to do since I'm a board member for the youth program. But, once I get going, it's actually kind of enjoyable. I just don't ever want to have to kick someone out because they don't know how to control their temper when a call doesn't go their way. I hate conflict.
  • I've been tagged. That's all I'm going to say about that. But, because I've been tagged, I've not been able to walk in the mornings lately. I know, you're all like, "what does that even mean, 'I've been tagged', and why does it affect his morning walk?" I already told you, I'm not saying anymore. Just know, I went to the Y yesterday over lunch to get back into a routine there, and didn't experience the same thing I did in the mornings last week. I may give it a try tomorrow and see how things go. It's weird, it's mysterious, and y'all are totally confused right now, I know. Sorry. And, if I happen to talk to any of you on the phone, don't expect much more of an explanation.
  • Along with the morning walk, I'm thinking of throwing in the occasional morning bike ride just to mix it up a bit and not get in a rut. Ed may dig that thought, although I'm nowhere near the stud he's proven to be this week since tackling the Bike Across Kansas challenge. Maybe one day, but right now my challenge is getting through the baseball season without hurting or getting hurt by the twelve 12-year-olds I share a dugout with several times a week. The season ends next week.
  • So, if the morning walk gets comfortable again...and I continue the YMCA Lunchtime Sweatfest...as well as working in a bike ride to the rotation, shouldn't I be ripped by year end? A guy can dream, can't he?
  • Adam Lambert from American Idol announced he was gay in the new issue of Rolling Stone. I think we all figured that out when he performed with KISS on the show and he did a flawless impersonation of Paul Stanley. FYI, there's been speculation of the KISS lead singer being gay for years now. Here's a video addressing the question: http://tinyurl.com/nea6zr. Before you watch it, know that KISS concerts aren't exactly family friendly so be forewarned. You could probably just turn the audio down and form an educated guess on the pictures alone. But, who am I to judge? Why am I even talking about this? NEXT!
  • We've started using Twitter at work for a promotional tool. I'm still trying to figure out what all the excitement is about. Can someone please explain what I'm missing? It seems to take a lot of time for a next-to-nothing return on my investment.
  • I'll get back to posting the Zune Morning Mix soon...first, I need to drag myself out of bed. Where's the guilt, Beka?
  • Final thought, I think I'm better than Larry King at this stuff.

2 comments:

Being Robinson said...

ohhh i've been bloggy MIA! hmmm, curious about this whole 'tagging' thing.. but respect your desire not to share! however, i'm been horrid at getting up in the mornings and just popped a melatonin hoping i can sleep well tonight and get up and get going in the morning. so there is your guilt. DO IT. get up, and get out there... if you can, tagging aside of course. ;)

Being Robinson said...

WHAAAA???! seriously? hmmmm. man i'm now totally bummed i missed you. ed stayed in the car, didn't want to risk slipping in the rain with the whole knee thing. dang it!!! now i'm irritated i didn't see ya :( i was prolly not recognizable in my sopping wet running gear ;) maybe i should have communicated with you BEFORE the race to see if you would be there. funny. so did softball get rained out?