Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson - 1958-2009

People keep bringing up the tarnish that surrounded Michael Jackson's life. They're remembering the stranger side of a guy who just wanted to fit in with the rest of us. They're thinking of him as a freak...a superstar...an untouchable...the sansationalism that surrounded him.

I'm choosing to remember him as a son...a brother...a father...a friend. I think for all that Michael Jackson gave to us in music, he deserves that respect. Can you feel where I'm coming from?

This is my favorite song he performed with his brothers.
Here are The Jacksons..."Can You Feel It".

2 comments:

@nnie said...

In my eyes, his strangeness is far overshadowed by his talent. I, for one, am very saddened at his death and am a huge fan of his music.

Unknown said...

As a child, I loved his music. I didn't own many tape or albums, but I did own a couple of MJs. Really a talented person, and a great showman.

Unfortunately, as an adult I cannot see him as anything other than a pederast who used vast resources of money to overcome prosecution.